Saturday, June 6, 2009

Favorite command

So, I have been thinking And I think I have found my favorite command ever in Linux.

apropos


This command has helped me so much when I want to do something. About two weeks ago I was wracking my brain trying to figure out how we would play a war through Unix when I worked at the NSA, We would log into the other peoples stations and Kill processes and I could not remember what was the command to find the processes (ps) and I was able to find it by typing:

$apropos process

Now this command searched all the man files that contained the word process, now i did see ps and the description was able to tell me this was what I needed.

So for all those people out there starting out... apropos is your friend... a very good friend.

-Banana

No comments:

Post a Comment